Monday, November 8, 2010

Dr. Boyce Video - How to Raise Mentally Healthy Black Girls

Dr. Boyce Video - Women's Health

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse UniversityScholarship in Action 

What does it take for a woman to be healthy? This issue consistently presses upon my mind as I think about my own daughters and how to teach them what they need to know about the world. While I am critical of films like 'For Colored Girls,' which seems to root every black female problem into the hands of black men, I am also sympathetic to the struggles experienced by black women like my mother, grandmother, sister and others.


Related:
+Dr. Boyce Video: Why is the Black Man Always a Suspect?
+Dr. Boyce Video: Black Men Need to Mentor One Another
+Dr. Boyce Video: Terrie Williams, Depression and the Black Community
+Dr. Boyce Video -- What Makes a Celeb Trashy vs. Trendy?
+Dr. Boyce Video --The Importance of Owning Your Own Business

Click to read.

No comments: